Friday, April 27, 2007

Degrading Quality of School Plays

Tomorrow, I am invited to attend the Michaelian Reunion Dinner at Tropicana Club with my dad and one of his friend. Quite excited to go there, but I had some planning dilemma - how am I going back to town after the dinner? Immediately after dinner or tomorrow morning at around 5.30 a.m.?

Will be good there as I can talk to some people there and scold some..haha.

But the thing I want to complain about is about the quality of the school plays for the last two years. Ever since my English teacher Mrs. Adeline retired from teaching, the directing duties was taken over by a lesser known Corrinne. But seeing the last two including Mulan, I felt that the school musicals are getting more cartoonish than ever. It is like taking a step backwards rather than moving forward.

To help students behave more maturely and to help them out into facing the working world, I think that the standards of the musicals should be relook into. They should perhaps try the more adult-themed plays, dramas and so on, as to give them a partial exposure to Broadway-standard stage work. But I think the concern is that to do so requires a lot of money since you are required to obtain the play rights which can be expensive. So, why not we get a few people from the Actor's Studio to help this out? After all, sometimes a local play can be as good as the Broadway one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...