Thursday, January 24, 2008

Deja Vu


dé·jà vu [dey-zhah voo, vyoo; Fr. dey-zha vy] Pronunciation Key
–noun
1.Psychology. the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time.
2.disagreeable familiarity or sameness: The new television season had a sense of déjà vu about it—the same old plots and characters with new names.

[Origin: 1900–05; < class="luna-Img" src="http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png" alt="" border="0">]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

The deja vu turned reality on Tuesday.

There was one night in dreams I saw myself siting at a bench in a room with many people inside with many black coats. I was sitting 15 degrees off the center of the room. At the end of the room, there were 5 people sitting on a throne like chairs. My eyes were focused on of the 5. He had short hair and wears spectacles.

The man leaned forward, with the electric mike turned on and spoke to a black coat man asking him for clarification to be sure of the question the man was asking. After some answering from a lawyer he nodded.

And on Tuesday afternoon, I was sitting in the same room, same position and saw a lawyer, the name of John Fan answering Steve Shim's question in the exact way that I saw in sleep. Immediately, I felt that I saw this in dreams but do not know when it happened.

I had experienced at least one deja vu every year, and this is one of them.

On that day itself, I also sat in the room where Mr. Wee got reprimanded that bad by 'Uncle' Haidar. His voice sounded familiar with Alec Guinness. The name prompted me to recall whether I have seen him in Bank Bumiputra office or whether he looked like one of my grandfather's friends in the government in the about 40 years ago when I was a little boy. Then again, the name sounded familiar as one of the supporting characters in one of Salman Khan movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...