Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Death Wish Dangling Above To Get Justice

Kuala Lumpur, 16 Feb. (AKI) - Malaysian blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin has vowed to die in silence as a sign of protest if he is re-arrested on what many believe are politically motivated grounds. His pledge came as a court was due to rule whether he is to return to prison under Malaysia’s Internal Security Act (ISA).

Raja Petra, who has risen to prominence as a pro-opposition blogger, was arrested on 12 September after accusations lodged by several religious groups who claim that he offended Islam in an article published on 8 August.

He was released on 7 November last year but the government has appealed the court decision and a verdict is expected on Tuesday.

“I shall no longer open my mouth or utter one word during my detention. I shall maintain the silence of a mute person. I shall not sign any documents of the so many documents that they make you sign when under detention,” he said.

“My signature is not going to be placed on a single shred of paper,” he wrote in his blog, ‘Malaysia Today’ acknowledging that the move could have dire consequences.

”I shall refuse all medical treatment and visits to the hospital. I shall refuse to accept any food and water supplied by the authorities.

“I shall refuse to leave my cell or to meet any of the prison authorities. In short, I shall shut myself out from the world and keep to my own world of my eight feet square cell.

“This action will mean I shall survive at the most seven to eight days,” he added.

Raja Petra blamed deputy prime minister Najib Razak (picture above) for his arrest and for what he calls his political persecution.

Najib has been among Raja Petra’s main targets in his blog.

In his most controversial article “Let’s Send Altantuya’s Murderers to Hell”, published on 25 April, Raja Petra said that Najib and his wife, Rosmah Mansor, were involved in the killing of Altantuya Shaariibuu.

Translator and former model, the Mongolia-born Shaariibuu, 28, was shot twice in the head, and her body was blown up with explosives, in a jungle outside Kuala Lumpur in October, 2006.

“I am totally sure that Najib (Razak) is involved. And at the very least, he should be investigated,” Raja Petra told Adnkronos International (AKI).”

“I am aware that I have raised the stakes with this article and I am prepared to go all the way,” he added.

Najib has denied any involvement in the case and has sworn at a mosque that he never met Shaariibuu. He has also denied any involvement in the arrest of Raja Petra.

The ISA was inherited by Malaysia after it gained independence from Britain in 1957. In essence, it allows for the arrest of any person without the need for trial in certain circumstances.

********************

Why on earth would Pete think like that? Some of us think that is a death wish from him. But I understood that there is a point behind it, which is basically that Pete wants to show to the world that if something terrible goes wrong to him, it is to say that the gerombolan United Malays National Organisation and Bik Mama Najib are responsible for his "death wish" if it comes true.

I shall refuse all medical treatment and visits to the hospital. I shall refuse to accept any food and water supplied by the Kamunting authorities. I shall refuse to leave my cell or to meet any of the prison authorities. In short, I shall shut myself out from the world and keep to my own world of my eight feet square cell.

When I was in Standard Four, my class teacher, Ramlah told me of how a person would behave unusually than ever. She told me that in Muslim belives, behaving unusually is a tell-tale sign that a close call or death would happen. It's just like the oranges in those Godfather movies.

This is to say that Pete will not blame the detention camp authorities nor the hospital guys, but the blame and hate is on Bik Mama. For him, Pete has been a 'thorn in the flash' but many can safely believe that Pete hit the jackpot since the truth is that the identity of who killed Altantuya Shariibuu is revealed.

Was Syed Hamid "asked" To Do It or Otherwise?

Syed Hamid Albar is a known Abdullah's man. When Pete wrote:
Anyway, I know for a fact that it was not Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi who ordered my detention. He was not even aware I had been detained. The order came from Deputy Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak and since I am bent on making sure he never becomes Prime Minister on 1 April 2009 I really do not blame him for wanting to get me out of the way.
I had a suspicion that Albar was asked or more specifally "ordered" by Najib given that Abdullah Badawi loses his power and authority after the March 8 elections to get rid of Pete at whatever costs, of course the first tool that they craved to use is ISA. When he said that the reporter's detention is for security purposes, I thought whether was he thinking like that or was he ordered to give another excuse at the expense of saving his ass.

My guess that since Albar wants to stay in a Cabinet posting, he could see not much of option but to follow the new leader, not Abdullah Badawi.

You Bet He's Ordering It, Indirectly

I actually stumbled upon a few blogs which provides some commentary on why the Election Commission would do the by-election after the UMNO elections. It seems that UMNO has legal advises (similar to Zaki in his past years) by the name of Hasnizam that goes to the Election Commission and instructed them to hold the two by-elections after the UMNO assembly, perhaps as to save Najib's embarassment.

Another reasoning is that, as according to state speaker V. Sivakumar, is that this Hasnizam was also responsible of ordering the EC not to agree to a bye-elections of three places in Perak when Sivakumar came out with the resignation letters of the renegade three.
"Dalam mesyuarat SPR untuk membincangkan tentang surat perletakan jawatan dua ADUN di Perak yang dihantar oleh Speaker DUN itu terdapat "seseorang yang dikenali sebagai Hasnizam" telah mengarahkan SPR untuk melakukan apa saja, asalkan pilihanraya kecil dikedua-dua DUN ini dapat dielakkan. Dan itulah sebabnya, mengapa SPR menolak surat perletakan jawatan tersebut, sedangkan SPR sebenarnya tidak mempunyai kuasa untuk menjadi hakim, dalam menentukan sama ada surat perletakan jawatan itu sah atau tidak."
My suspicion is that this guy could be used again to tell the three judges (two according to Pete seemingly hostile including Augustine Paul) to send Pete back to ISA. Well, for Najib it's obviously the cliche "good riddance".

Now You Don't Need Military Intelligence To Know.

I'm going to keep things short here. If you understand the history of the two characters that is Rosmah and Najib, you can get a guessing of who actually killed her.

At one time, Najib is known to have affair with a few women, while Rosie is known to have tracking down women (gathering intel, spying, etc.. via third party services). Hate is there on the women who dares to take the man from her.

And then you can fill in the blanks, provided if you understand the characters of both people there. And of course, there are a small number of people who document their missteps carefully.

The Last Word

D-Day is tomorrow, and we are about to see whether if the order from Shah Alam High Court stays or not. If the order stays, then good, Pete can live on to go further. He had to be ready for the worst. That's why there was an unsual farewell party at the Wharf just now. But I am sure he'll pull through. The team of lawyers are not going give the judges a thing to win on. And perhaps some intervention from Camp Abdullah could halt the unscropulous antics of Bik Mama.

Pete, don't go too ambitious. There are people that could need you in the next few years or so. You may never know that making that death wish gesture could be a mistake that you might regret later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...