On Sunday, Ibrahim Ali and Perkasa told Christians not to test their patience, for "the Malays have been patient for far too long and have allowed non-Malays to make excessive demands". To further add to his elaboration, (as quoted in The Malaysian Insider:)
“How many Malays are Christian? Why do you have to have bibles in Bahasa? Why not use bahasa Iban, or Kadazan?
“This is a problem of national security ... we (Malays) have been far too giving, I want to remind them to not be excessive in their demands,” said Ibrahim.
“They are not the majority of the country,” he stressed.
The Pasir Mas MP said that the reason why the Christian community were making demands now was because Sarawak elections were underway.
“They are taking advantage of the elections, they raise these things and we cannot object ... they are trying to exploit sensitive issues,” added Ibrahim.
“We have not brought up the issue of our rights,” he said.
This statement above has the clear shades of those things that were written below. Back in 2008, just before the general election, this is are the common things that the real Malaysian menaces would talk about. Take a look at the list below, and you would find that Ibrahim Ali's statement is just like one of those below.
- Do not provoke us! The Malays know how to amok!
- Don't mess with our rights! Time has come for us to act against those who question Malay special privileges!
- There is no religion above Islam, don't challenge us! Whatever is required for Malay development, we will push for it!
- Bangsa Malaysia is the Malaysians with Malay as the pivotal race!
- Malays are marginalised in Penang and they have the right to express their feelings!
- New Economy Policy (NEP) is the social contract, it will never end!
- Do not question and challenge the position of the Malays and Islam in this country!
- Use the Internal Security Act (ISA) to jail those who question our rights!
- Raise the bumiputera equity target to 70% to reflect the actual population ratio!
- They (the non-Malays) are manipulating the bumiputera equity figures. If we want to use the ASLI figures, let’s set a new target.
- Let’s make it 70% for the Malay equity!
- We want to rotate the post of the Penang Chief Minister! We know who they are. We know where they are and what they say!
- Force the government-linked companies (GLCs) to set-up Malay special-purpose-vehicles (SPVs) to break the monopoly chain of
- the Chinese companies!
- Since the racial riots in 13th May 1969, UMNO and the Malays have been too patient and tolerant!
- We should defend Malay rights to the last drop of our blood!
- We warn against anyone who attempted to incite religious and racial sentiments!
- When tension rises, the blood of Malay warriors will run in our veins! UMNO willing to bathe in blood!
- - BN can easily solve the people’s problems
- - BN will protect the rights of everyone
- - BN needs more time to develop the country
- - BN is very fair to everyone, is the best choice
- - The Chinese should be grateful - (This is what Kong Cho Ha said today)
- - Vote for BN for your own future
- - The bloggers are liars, opposition are liars
- - If you don’t like Islam Hadhari, get out!
- - We are Islamic state, never been a secular state
- - BN cares for the people
- - We can never accept Bangsa Malaysia
- - PM is the saviour of Chinese schools
I noticed that the day after that, Muhyiddin would try to deny that BN is anti-Christian. If you can look at some of the text excerpts there, it is as if it is trying to cover up many things. For instance:
“When have we ever been anti-Christian or anti-religion? It’s all a big lie. The Barisan Nasional has always upheld the Rukun Negara.
Look closely - the religion dispute where the husband or spouse converted without the knowledge of the others or children converted without consent, what does that tell you? If there is another case in point, you can see at times how indiscriminate religious officials would go raiding public places just because it was alleged reported of proximity? Isn't actions speaking louder than words that they are thumbing down on other minorities? Al-kitab - isn't that against your statement, Malikul Sembab?
“What they are spreading is provocation because they know people will be worked up and angry. We have resolved it (the dispute) through the BN spirit,” Muhyiddin (picture) told reporters during a Sarawak election campaign stop here.
Here, this is wrong as well. If MCA and MIC is Class 2 party, Class 1 is UMNO, Gerakan and others are Class 3. This is unlike in the pre-Mahathir years where there is no class 1, class 2, but in the same pool. So who's really lying now? Or are the bigwigs being misadvised?
In actual fact - the reality will speak for themselves, all would point to the shades of Ibrahim Ali's statement on Sunday. So what Muhyiddin said doesn't make sense, if you are that smart enough and not to be fooled.