Approximately 3000 to 7000 people gathered today to vent their anger at the MACC over the death of Teoh Beng Hock while in MACC custody. From 4.30 to 7.15 p.m, a few number of speakers, most them from the Selangor MPs and assemblymen gave a few words. Also special guests include Guan Eng and Husam Musa.
A few of us bloggers went there to cover the event. But some could not attend following Capt. Yusof's passing.
Highlights from the speakers:
1. Nik Nazmi - Plan to destroy the state government by MACC an entity of UMNO/BN
2. Tunku Aziz - We will not sacrifice for One Malaysia but we are willing to die for a democratic Malaysia
3. William Leong - We cannot trust the police, judges and SPRM. We can only trust the people.
4. Xavier Jeyakumar - MACC is a tool of UMNO. All lies have to be stopped and MACC can only resume their investigations once the Teoh case has been investigated completely.
5. Husam - Please answer immediately why and how an Anak Malaysia is dead. Cabinet should immediately convene and a royal commission should be formed otherwise people will not accept an explaination, and Ahmad Said Hamdan should resign.
6. Lim Kit Siang - Teo's death = Anwar's black eye; all high profile cases of MACC cannot be trusted; MACC has unoffically declared war on Selangor PR; anyone who says no to forming a royal commission should resign (a warning to Mat Sembab Muhyiddin)
7. Guan Eng - Musa Hassan should resign; "Teoh Beng Hock was pushed off the building."
Khalid was the last speaker and the event was brought to a close by Karpal Singh.
Towards the end of the event, a group of people burned copies of Berita Mingguan and Mingguan Malaysia for the biased reporting over the Teoh's death case.
More picture of this event can be seen here.