Monday, April 16, 2007

All Day's Work & No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy

Quite boring today. I only had one task remaining: revising the JIRA program upon feedbacks with my main user. However, my PA colleague was on leave today, leaving me nothing to do all day long. You know, it was like "All days work and no play makes jack a dull boy."


However, mine was the opposite: play but no work. I just had virtually nothing to do today. I wanted to ask whether if there's assignment for me to do, but couldn't since the PA usually assigns work to us. So all the 8 hours excluding lunch there is just merely search, surf and do some stuff. Only today, I guess.

I really enjoyed my job very much that almost everyday, I was kind of focused after waking up and wanted to do whatever I set in my targets as in the yearly appraisal. So far, it's good, but the U.M has gave me some sort of motivation to help improve my work prospect there during the yearly appraisal. I didn't really have a problem with colleagues - I did this by trying not to upset them. I harbor no hard feelings against them except one. I noticed that she tends to be fussy and most of the time - evidently during lunch hour - she's always the one calling the shots. She was not under the Java dept. But having sticking in a group for lunch and observing her, her behavior clearly reminded me of my granny - my paternal granny while she was still alive. The group - mostly 5 women out of 7 people never go for something special except for sticking to Chinese or hawker food. They never tend to have beef or western food except if it's a special occasion. From my observation, out of say 7 occasions, it would be average of 5 times she calls the shots. At times it really irked me and I felt like engaging her in a shouting match.

A senior of mine (not that one above) - quite helpful during my first few months in the company will be leaving at the end of the month to pursue her Masters. So, I guess, there will be a big loss especially she's has the extensive knowledge of the company products and its workings. Really, I kind of feared of getting stuck at times if she's not around. I can say she was the saving grace and bail-out person at hard times.

I saw a comment left by Edmund's friend yesterday and I find that it's kind of insulting in nature, also from first glance. I don't really have much understanding of those religious matter, so I just say that it was kind of insulting. Then, when I was in the gym - I was there early today, I saw a staff clearly resembles Regina. Then I saw a promo where you pay $38 for six weeks membership and a free personal trainer session. Maybe she might consider this. Jennifer Walters always go to gym as to improve her superhuman strength when she goes green! I bet this would be good for Regina - slimming to the perfection isn't going to work -it might cost sanity or your health. Talking about that reminded about Anna Nicole Smith whose obsession of beauty ended with her mysterious death in February.

Last week, the PM announced that there was no plans to introduced blogging laws in Malaysia. So, it's a hooray to bloggers out there. Then today, I noticed an interesting comment by one of the Star's editors, Joceline Tan. She said that Shaziman was pervert. He lied about Singapore having a mandatory blogger registration thing. It doesn't exist at all. Here's the extract from Jeff's blog:

It is a medium which they are still not too familiar with, going by the way Datuk Shaziman Abu Mansor, the Deputy Energy, Water and Communications Minister, tried to talk his way through the firestorm.

Shaziman, an engineer by training, looks contemporary enough to understand the new media but his response to the issue was baffling, to say the least.

He reportedly told Parliament that Singapore had started registering bloggers and the government here may do the same. A few days later, he said the government merely wanted “to assess the situation and keep track of the number of bloggers in the country and on the information provided by them”.

He was totally unconvincing and, besides, there is no such registration of bloggers in Singapore.





1 comment:

  1. That guy, "pltypus", is actually Erwin Tan Hock Soon. He's about 8 years my senior, discipled me during my younger days as a Christian (16-17yrs old), became close friends and today hates me like an enemy. Very long story. :(

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...