Monday, April 30, 2007

The Alumni Dinner

I didn't post on Saturday because I was quite tired after attending the school alumni dinner and I was annoyed that the Internet connection at my place was down due to the node breakdown at my place.

First off, in the morning, I met Edmund for meals and discussing some few things in regarding of plans involving Simon. However, I could not meet him since he had to settle a few things with the Income Tax Department and he could only arrive in the evening. Therefore, I spent the entire morning with him for just food before going back home.

I was pretty tired and I took an afternoon nap until 5 plus where I picked my dad's friend to meet up with my dad on the way to dinner. Be we agreed that those people organizing the dinner there were pretty much active than those in Ipoh. The amount of money raised for tonight's dinner was at about $500K. Each table costs $800 including of food and usage cost of the main clubhouse room. There was no corkage so we are allowed to brink in wine and other hard drinks.

Unfortunately, some guests including Datuk Seri Lim Keng Yaik and Professor Khoo Kay Kim were unable to attend due to personal commitments since Saturday was also the Ijok by-election day.

I know that most teachers - the administrative ones would be coming for the show including the retired teachers. Some whom I knew and some that my dad knew like Timothy Chee, John Lee and Thomas Choo were there as not to miss the annual event. I met some of my teachers, John and Mr L.S Khoo - my P.E teachers as well as the current A.S Mr. Meor who will be retiring in July. The teachers were here since Friday and they all spent three days wandering around K.L including shopping? Surprisingly, the Brother Vincent would be in company. Dad thought he was frail a few years ago, but at the age of 79, he is strong and going.

Some interesting things though...the dishes were given wacky names including Loan Shark, Three Honorables - Student, Teacher, Principal, Ta Pau Blues, Post Exam Desert, etc.. but the interesting thing parallel was that there was match tension between Man Utd vs Everton, with one of my dad's workers, Y.S is updating me on the score - Man Utd would win 4-2 and Chelsea drew 2-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...