Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's Emma's Day and I Have Nothing!?

Waking up in the morning, I only had two things to do today: see my friend and then do my grocery shopping. Unfortunately I could not contact my friend today. Could not get a dial tone at all. So half of my plan went up in smokes. I had a late breakfast today and I thought of going to Sogo and walk around Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman to do some sightseeing on textiles.


To some of the Harry Potter fans, April 15th is always known to them as Emma's Day - named after the two stars of the movies, Emma Watson (Hermione) and Emma Thompson (Prof. Trelawney - the old coot Seer but always right). Both share the same birth date - today but they are about 30 years apart. It was no strange coincidence that this occasion was known to the fan circle as that E-day.

With my plan got snag, I thought of looking for a parking nearby Sogo where I can park and walk across there for my shopping. But there were no other turns except for one behind Sogo. I took a long shot and on the way, I thought of stopping by and see the National Mosque. Adjacent to the mosque is a Islamic Museum. Just to fill up my time, I decided to take a look, even it costs $12 for a visit. I was amazed by the number of Islamic displays and photographs that they've collected and displayed in here. Inside the museum, there's a special room called the Ottoman Room - special room, opened by Prince Andrew and donated by Standard Chartered Bank. At least I get some understanding of the Kiblat, the mosque architecture and the East West photographs...stunning.

Finally, I decided on going to that place for shopping. Driving back again to Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, I finally found Campbell Complex - next to Pertama Complex as one place to park without hassle. A $3 flat rate is good enough already. And I did my shopping there.

I called mum today. She told me that my maternal grandmother passed away on Wednesday. It happened so soon than I expected. I guess that last Friday's visit on the way back home would be the last time I saw her alive. Told me that she had some sort of a long term illness that is sapping her health gradually. Funeral was yesterday. I guess I lost my maternal grandparents and my granny last December - all in the space of two years. But I didn't feel anything at all like if there was no emotional impact on me. Absolutely nothing except doing my work and going back home.

I was quite tired by the time I reached back home at around 5 p.m. Strangely, I felt my right hand shaking uncontrollably while I had lunch. Was it because of me carrying too much heavy stuff yesterday? I supposed it is.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to her about your maternal grandma's passing. :(

    I have training the whole week, then my first exam next Monday (23rd). After that I should be more free. We can meet up then?

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...