Thursday, April 19, 2007

Yeah, Man! At Least I Have Something!

Today's a pretty quick and short post. Seems that time does not permit to write as much as yesterday, meaning that my second part of Punishment retrospective is put on hold until tomorrow. You know what? What ever I rant here, things come in the next day, meant to fix the problems that I am facing.

Here's the situation to illustrate my point:

I didn't have anything to work on except for the JIRA program. I reminded my P.A that this program lasts for another six days before expiry. We don't work on Saturdays so that was taken into consideration. Just as I have lamented about people unwilling to go beyond typical hawker or Chinese food, the next day it happened after writing the post. In this case, I was given a little assignment to do. Another Search Agent Manager script to be written. That's pretty good already.

That's why I decided to finish as much as I can on the preliminary draft of the script. Then tomorrow, it's either revision of JIRA or revision of the script. But this script doesn't have a deadline...ha.

The office has just installed the automated door locker system. I thought that I would be using that card from now on, but when I reached the floor, everyone was standing outside. Apparently there was a power trip yesterday and I think that the system got defected. So those who were there early had to wait out for about 30 minutes or so, waiting for whoever to dismantle the system and open the door manually. That thing had to be taken back for a replacement. Defect on the first day? Seeing that, I am starting to wonder whether the policy of cost-effective thing is worth the thing or not. If you are cost-conscious and the quality of the things that you buy are defective, what is the point of being cost-effective? But this doesn't happen so often does it? I thought of some people's opinions saying that sometimes, you pay more but it's worth it in terms of performance and quality. Stark opinions, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...