Sunday, April 8, 2007

A Greek Myth Twist

I am writing two posts today, as to make up for yesterday’s post. Dad came back home today from K.L since Thursday. This would the first time I met him for the last six weeks. Fifteen days in the United States, the first week he was in the West Coast. The photos that he showed to me documented his one week in New York. He had visited many places in that weekend. He got stopped in Chicago airport, awaiting shuttle flight to JFK airport. He told me that he encountered actor Nicolas Cage – crazed fans chasing him for the autograph.

I came back as early at 9 plus on Friday night, and made a detour to see my maternal grandmother. She’s not in a good shape. She could not longer move as normal and remained in the bed. I fear that she might not last as long by the end of the year. I hope she pulls out well and I wish that the subsequent visits might not be the last few while she is alive.

Dad didn’t expect the weather to be as low as -10 celcius. He thought it would be somewhere between 8-10. He didn’t carry his winter coat. When he was visiting Wall Street, the snow was as high as two feet. Cars could not move at all. He visited many places including Rockefeller center, Central Park, Tussaud’s wax museum, the Ground Zero site and various places within Sunday. He could not cover all places and take all photos.

While I was in K.L people are playing God of War 2 – the sequel to one of the best video games of 2005. So I spent the entire weekend playing that game. It’ like a twisted story of a man who became God but still unhappy over his past transgressions. His decisions have angered Mount Olympus and now he got double-crossed by the Gods. Near death, he was rescued by the Titans led by Gaia – Mother Earth herself, in the Titan’s quest for revenge against the gods. Ever wonder of the famous Titan Prometheus? Cursed to be eaten alive forever for stealing the torch for mankind? You bet it.

Our man Kratos is more of brooding character and sometimes a cynic fellow. He sacrifices his own worshippers – Spartan soldiers into a gear machine to activate a door. He battles some people including Perseus – gee, Harry Hamlin’s cameo and reprisal of his role originated in Clash of The Titans and Icarus – the guy who uses the wings to fly.

The environments are not as frustrating as the first game, but in place of frustration are boss fights. It took me about at least 5 tries or so to beat them. BTW, I am using the Normal mode to start out. However, after one point, I could not proceed on. I was supposed to step at one point of the Deep Chasm in order to trigger a cutscene but it didn’t show out. Then my brother told me that the game was split into two discs and the disc that I played was only the first half of the game.

I really wanted a notebook out of my own – but I am typing this at my brother’s house using my dad’s old Pentium III book intended to be used by his staff. Seriously, seeing that I am to venture into additional marketing business to support myself, I think that I need one for portability. I definitely believed that I can raise half of the total cost as to support my payment in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...