Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Massacre Near Roanoke

I just don't know what to say already. I just couldn't think of what to say here, except of seeing shocking news of 33 students got massacred in Blacksburg, Virginia.

Alright...I wanted something else to do besides waiting for feedbacks on what to tinker in JIRA. My PA told me instead - Go through one round and wait. Wait for what? Can you please give me something that might challenge me rather than just boredom? And I don't know why...maybe because of yesterday's ranting today's lunch was not the typical Chinese food type but instead Secret Recipe shop. Those girls totally don't even know how to take beef. They are young but is it because of religion that they can't take it? I don't think so. Then the next thing my fussy fellow said to me was about the brownie which came in as a desert. When her brownie came, she noticed that hers was as solid - as if that came from the fridge, whereas mine was kind of bit melting, particularly it is served after it is heated in the microwave oven for about 30 seconds or so? She started asking questions to other colleagues seating next to me? "Why his is not like mine?" Then again, she wasn't as bad as the Tan family that Edmund spoke of. That family was the worst of the lot. Primitive minded. Thinking that the whole world revolves in their home only. It's no doubt that they have the worst kind of mentality ever.



Back to massacre, the massacre occurred at Blacksburg. According to Google Maps - one of the pioneer online applications using the AJAX technology, Blacksburg is about 60 kilometers from Roanoke. Something interesting at Roanoke is that it is the setting for the sequel of 1602: The New World. Monsters, primitives alike, Peter Parquah, Lord Iron? What..some weird thing. The thing about that place is it serves at the perfect setting for the legend of Pocahontas. At the far end of the east coast is Jamestown, the starting point of the English migration to the United States back in the 17th century. Is this thing meaning that Hulk and The Lost World striking back? Does that mean that the spirits of the settlers are back with a vengeance? Hahahaha.

Surprisingly, I am getting a grip of typing using my laptop's keypad, but strangely at times, the cursor would jump elsewhere and I had to type the UNDO command and retype the last few words again. While at home, I might as well plug the keyboard used for my desktop to type this entry. Edmund tried writing his post using Chinese Wordstar. Hey, I have an alternative - why not type using Altavista's Babelfish?

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I've never seen Altavista's Babelfish. I used ChineseStar and it was quite good. First time, I'm composing something in Chinese - sounded very clumsy in some parts.

    I read about the massacre as well. Sounded very scary. :(

    The family I spoke of was Tang family (not "Tan"). They still make me shudder! Haha...

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...