Friday, March 30, 2007

Busybodies Making The Unnecessary Ruckus

You may wonder that this post is associated to the other post that I've written about the other day. No. This post, I am not talking about them. Well, it just about the little incident that happened while I was driving back home from work.

For some reason, the default value which I've set did not show up in numerous tests that I've conducted in order to get the result that my colleagues who will be using the system would want. I managed to ask for an additional month's extension for JIRA, citing reasons of last minute upper management participation. They agreed but not without waiting for another two days. I think it was better than watching the red label appearing in the main screen each time you log into the program.

I am not sure whether if the reason the value did not appear was likely because I did not restart the computer to take those settings into effect. I was convinced that it should work the moment I have updated the field scheme. Maybe this could the bug in that particular version. Since then, it's version 3.8 and 3.9 is coming soon. What if you reach 4.0? I tried searching for some answers but none fit my description. So I might have to post this on the Issue page. Thankfully, the developers had their own issue page that any user can complain or so.

Now back to the main topic. While I was driving back, there was the usual Friday jam. But strangely past the overhead bridge expressway, the traffic became bad. When I was closer to the exit back to home, I noticed that motorists from both way deliberately slowed down just because to see a body lying on the road. A motorcyclist was knocked down unconscious. However, I just do not have the idea of whether the fellow is dead or not. Needless to say that these people are busybodies, slowing down and taking a look at a problem not caused by them. But then, they are the ones to create the ruckus, the jam. Right?

I just simply tried to think hard of how to solve the problem. Every morning when I get up from bed, I was so focused unlike before to try as hard as I can to finish this thing and go on with another work. After all, I need to earn extra cash from a one week assignment in ICT town. I really need to save some more for my notebook. The credit card center turned down my simplest of requests - something I do not need forever. Only a month, for Christ sakes? And what my alternative plan goes poof because of those people making decisions? If they say no, then they will need to talk to the dealers. After all Standard Chartered bank's motto is about you challenge, we deliver. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...