Monday, March 12, 2007

Pay Homage And Glory To Thy Gods...

Garrett "What the hell is a Taffer, anyway?"

Hammer1: "Have thou learnt nothing! That name soils thy mouth!"

Hammer2: "Nay, Simpleton! Knowest thou not to say 'Taffer' is to speak the name of the defeated adversary, the Tricker? 'Tis a corruption, a cloaking that acknowledges him without intent, and gives him an entry into thy thoughts."

Hammer 3: "A foe is best contested in the light, not in the shadows. Allow none to so disguise themselves before thee, lest thou slip into the shadows thyself...and so be lost."

I don't really know what I want to talk. At first I wanted to talk about continuing from yesterday's post but I felt that would be best for another day. So I felt that maybe I might write something that is related to that statement above...Glory To The Master Builder...err...The Gods!

I am really tired at this time of writing. I finished work quite late, at 8.45 p.m. I was desperate to complete two tasks before Thursday, and I was paying too much obsession into completing it. But alas, there has been no progress and it hampers me much. Most left before 7 p.m, but only 4 of us left by the time it's 8 p.m. Then after dinner, I'm determined to write this post up before going to bed.

This morning, the Malaysian doubles team of Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boo Heong won the men's doubles title in the All-England Championships. There were plenty of articles documenting about their success and even the words of appreciation even from the ministers and everyone else.

What amuses me the most is this post from Peter Khiew (a person that my little brother hates for two years) about Koo ( a former student of St. Michael's ). It's title makes kind of funny but underlines the glory brought to the school (see, now that's what I am talking about...glory to the Gods!). The title simply reads: Congratulations, you made us extremely proud.

Note: Peter Khiew is an afternoon discipline teacher and part time reporter for The Sun.

I remembered enjoying the time breaking into St Edgar's church to steal The Builder's Chalice. But the consequences were devastating for those Hammerites. They take the loss of the Chalice as the sign of lost of faith of the Builder. They already had suffered a schism, when Karras and his hundred followers left the Order, and all sorts of incidents that happened in the last ten years. The amusement of being immerse in a Hammerite environment is the kind of doctrine approach that they adopted and the most amusing of all is that they speak Shakespearean stuf - of course it's Old English, nay, thy, thou, hadst...can't they go somewhat simpler?

All of those doctrine mumbo jumbo speak about doing for the glory of the Gods...

I actually know Kien Keat for about a few years. I was in the same school as him except that he was one year's junior than I do. I happened to see him at a classroom below mine during my Form 5. A college friend of mine, Kelvin, happened to be in the same class as him. Each time we have recess, I would go down to the canteen. But sometimes on the way, I might bump into him or Kelvin. I also kept my school annual magazines back home, and in some pages where all school accomplishments were achieved, his was there, and so do I!?

Why me? Because I know that I don't last long in school...maybe six years most, I felt that I want to make my mark in St. Michael's before I left. So I was in the school drama, I won the state-level competition, participated in whatever events, just as to have my name itched in the halls. It doesn't have to be just the academic stuff, but anything! Then again, from what I was doing, I have done a service to the school, but I just asked myself , blurred between the line of reality or joke - Is this glory to the gods? The Builder? Am I seeing Hammerites instead of Michaelians!?

I think it's got to do spending 45 minutes breaking into St. Edgar's Church...

I just happened to receive this answer from local filmmaker Yasmin Ahmad in the evening:

I've always suspected that hope in the Malaysian film industry lies in the young generation. You guys proved me right. Young Malaysians rawk!!!

The first step into a larger world.






No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...