Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Special Weekend Trip Part I

This would be the first part of the special weekend trip where Simon came down. On Friday night my friend and I thought that he would be reaching K.L at around four in the morning. But then, he missed the bus due to work. He only left at around 11.30 p.m. to reach here at around 6 in the morning.

I had a short sleep at before one in the morning. But the problem was that the alarm which I set didn't go off as scheduled. I got up 10 minutes late, and was 30 minutes late because I had to catch a bus down town. The one problem I faced was that my TnG debit card overcharged me when I entered the station and left Central Station. I had to go back to file the complain but when I came to the TnG office at 10, they told me that the data could only be shown after 24 hours! That's why I came back on Monday afternoon.

Simon and my friend were in one of the shops when I reached Chinatown at around 7.30 a.m. Had breakfast and talk before going to the bank. I really needed to talk about something important. But the rest of the afternoon was literally talk and sleeping in the hotel room. I was too tired and slept until 5 in the afternoon. But we had a wonderful talk over a variety of subjects.


It was only at this time that I realized that Simon would be here until Monday. I didn't know, I was anticipating that he would be in town until the next day. At night we had a wonderful sumptuous steamboat, which we gloated to our own pleasure. Nothing much but talk. But my friend was enjoying so much on reading Josey Wales, that he finished a quarter of the book the next morning.

I think Garth Ennis got the idea of his unique vision of The Punisher or his Preachers series.
The Punisher is modeled after Josey Wales, like a walking death machine but still keeping his code of honor such as "leaving those unworthy or innocent behind". From what I've read in The Slavers, that was one story that strikes a chord of conscience in Frank's black heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...