Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pushing Hard Ain't Doing Good

Sam: Hell of a day.
Vincent: What do you want for Christmas?
Sam: My two front teeth.
Vincent: May you wish be granted.

-- Ronin -- 1998

It's kind of a tough day for me. Taking people through the work-in-progress configuration of JIRA - a bug and issue tracking tool, discussing, argue, refining points to be used and well, make things that might work well in place of our present manual maintenance system. But something bothers me though. I wondered whether what my P.A, or the department's personal assistant who handles the system would be willing to have a slight change to the existing system. Maybe she's too familiar with the existing one. She just kind of thinking of reusing the system in the new tool.

Will have to hurry though, as the evaluation license is expiring on the 1st of April. So I will have to rush as hard as I can. But then, tomorrow until Friday, I had to spend the afternoon upgrading the machines on them main office floor, I mean upgrading the software, renewing the license of Microsoft Products. Over 30 to 40 machines, maybe I can muster doing 14, the better if the other colleague of mine would help. However, I had to take note that one machine is definitely off the installation process for now. William, the finance manager had a hard time last Friday, the hard disk went kapoof in one evening. And it's a SATA2 hard disk, which few units used it.

There was a consolation though, I had an early lunch today and on 1.00 p.m. today, it's the worldwide release of At World's End trailer. Cool, really. Expect a three way fight with Cutler Beckett having the upper hand. You can see the trailer at the bottom of the blog. I deliberately include for the pleasure of people visiting my little blog.

There's a change of plan as my friend could not join me for meal tomorrow. More time for me. Maybe I think that I didn't turn on port 1433 in Windows XP, it's automatically turned off by it's firewall tool. Good thing though that I managed to have a little extra time to write all down before my late dinner....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...