Saturday, March 31, 2007

Special Weekend Trip Part II

This is the second half of the special weekend blog.

We woke up as early as 7.30 the next morning in order for Edmund to catch the bus to church. I thought at the same time I might go back to house and do some things, but he had different ideas. We took a cab and left Chinatown back here for about another 30 minutes or so.

It was the second time I entered the church. I find that their preaching was somewhat dull and monotonous, not as exciting as what David Swan and his ministry would preach. I know them well, I mean David Swan and the gang there. From my relative really.

The service was over before 11 a.m and I was really hungry indeed. So Edmund's dad dropped us at a hotel and we took a cab to the Curve, a much improved shopping mall that Simon didn't cover in his previous meet last year. So I took him around to see some new places he had not come across. Edmund had to go back, tending to her youngest daughter who's having some fever. I wondered whether he had squandered the chance of seeing great things after two precious occasions where he missed watching the premieres of 300 and An Inconvenient Truth.

Before that day, I had an intention of coming here with either Edmund or him and get access to watch UEFA European Cup live. I won two passes online and another two from a question and answer game. The other two I gave it other people whom I think deserve a chance to watch the cup. Security around the trophy was tight as this would be the cup to presented to the winner in the Finals at Athens on May 23. We had turns, Simon took mine, I took him. We spoke about football really.

That's me with the cup. The real one, not the replicas that is displayed in a club's trophy cabinet.

The below image is the trophy up close:


I really made sure that Simon covered everywhere throughout the entire afternoon. But we knew that Edmund would be coming to town at around 7 p.m. By the time it was 5, we left and headed back to Star Hill. We didn't want to waste our time there and we wanted to savor the best remaining hours of the day with the "Sheesha" session. We started at around 8.30 p.m. I wanted to make this time more memorable with each of us coming out with the best puff ever.

But of all the puffs, my puff was the smallest of all. One time I did the dragon puff.

Edmund's puff is slightly bigger than mine. He called his puff as a wildfire Bunsen burner.


Simon's puff is the biggest of all.


We really enjoyed our session there. All you can until you had enough. There was a live concert band, and we keep talking numerous topics including RPGs, Bush and the social mentality problem that Malaysia is facing now. But a problem ruined our pleasure to the fullest: kids going around soliciting money many times, repeatingly. Having small children doing this is actually a crime and fortunately some restaurant staff and a complex security guard managed to chase them off on many occasions.

By 10.30, we went back and I just jumped to bed while our big man continued reading his Josey Wales stuff. Quite tiring today. I really wanted to wear my favorite black T-shirt but for the sake of avoiding the heat, I opted for the white shirt that I wore throughout the whole day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melvin,

    Wonderful summary of the stuff that I missed during the weekend trip. :)

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...