Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Give Me A Break, I Am No Machine!

Unless you think I am either Mr. Terminator or even Mr. Robo himself, I can't do too many things at a go without giving myself a breather. That's what humans are. They are unique, they have emotional responses, they sense things with five of their body parts and so on.

Okay, well that's I felt after a very exhausting afternoon.

Back in today, I was awaken by heavy rain at around 3 a.m. in the morning. Part of the bed was wet and I had to put a pail on the bed to prevent it from getting wetter than ever. The ceiling above had a slight leak. Maybe it only happened when it's raining time. So I went back to bed after about 15 minutes and overslept until 8 in the morning. Thankfully, the traffic was smooth today, and I managed to reach office at exactly 9 a.m.

I knew that I had to finish reworking on modifying the JIRA demo, as I have mentioned yesterday but a comprehensive testing has yet to be conducted. Much more as to see whether if I can get to find something that might work as what my P.A colleague wished. She thinks that it might be easier if I can get the thing here, but if not, I will have to find alternatives and even try to bring this for discussion with my U.M.

This is something about JIRA:
But I couldn't go on in the afternoon right after lunch. As mentioned in an e-mail yesterday, I had to upgrade the terminals for other departments. They asked me to upgrade Microsoft Office for them. The Support Department gets the Standard Edition (minus Publisher and Access) while some get Professional edition. Things got a little slowdown as concurrently there was a stock check as to make sure that every user's machine has the same Service Tag (DELL machines) assigned to them. I didn't have a problem except for one.

By the time I finished with everything, it was close to 8 p.m. There was heavy rain and bad jam outside my office, which makes the condition worse compared to a usual 6 p.m. jam. Sadly, I had to cancel some of my plans and put it to tomorrow. The real reason why I finished until such time was due to a machine going slow. One of the machines was a old 5 year old server that is used to test machines outside our domain network. It uses the old Windows 2000, it has many services switched on the moment you boot your computer. My P.A kept asking me, "What took you so long?" There's nothing I could do for this scenario. It took me about 2 hours to finished that machine. I had to get a SP4 patch for the machine, which delays work for another 20 minutes.

But that doesn't mean that I ended up dull, I mingled with some people in the other department, including someone from Audit, my Audit manager, one of the KM people, one of the Admin, the Finance Manager, and some from Support Department.

The admin lady, Salmah was surprised to find out about the 'lose weight' formula. It's pretty simple to make, except after one or two rounds, you would get the right combination to make a drink. Make no mistake though, honey and cinammon powder can help to do various miracles including reducing your heart disease!

And then there is a dilemma, the Sports Club is planning a Saturday morning run on the 6th. I heard that it will be compulsory but I have yet to get a confirmation. If it is, this puts a den to my plan and I had to revise my plan. My original plan is to visit Ipoh on the 6th which conflicts with the run. And also this week, with my friend Simon coming to town for the weekend, I'm not very sure whether I can use my monthly pay on time or not. Hopefully, the money comes on Friday, if not, I would have to be very careful on spending that weekend. I really wanted to save some cash for the month itself. I think circumstances forced me to burn a deeper hole in my pocket.

Coming to think of the money, won't it be good if those forex players go for a lower exchange rate of Ringgit to Dollar. Shouldn't we reach the equilibrium of 3.15:1? Given that in the past we exchange it at 2.5:1 and then during the Asian Financial crisis we were at 3.8:1. After that in July 2005, it's depegged and finally we're at 3.48. IMF was right on one point: we're undervalued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...