Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Recollections of Bersih Vigil 2008


Note: Video by Malaysiakini

There were two to three friends of mine that were among the two dozen people arrested on the night of 9 November 2008, to commemorate the first anniversary of the Bersih Rally. Many of those caught were wearing RPK shirts or the anti-ISA shirts. I don't even know why cops take those shirts as anti-establishment, in my opinion considered them like rebels. I still to this day don't even know why people who carry no weapons are treated as hooligans in the street like thieves and scum a like.

Watching the video made me recalling that night and the mad encounters that happened that night. I managed to remember most of the things that happened there, with aid of a few grainy pictures that I took that night as well. I was grumbling over how innocent people who do no harm get caught for nothing and accused for nothing.

A few days ago, I remembered the phrase "militant" that John Malott called Perkasa that got Ibrahim Ali hopping like mad in front of the American embassy. The word is an adjective for something in a very "aggressive" nature. That night...it was a militant scenario that we encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...