Monday, July 19, 2010

Dalilah


I am bit saddened to hear Dalilah's passing this morning. The last I met was at the hospital where she was doing the treatment for her cancer nearly two years ago. The picture that I shot was in August 2008.

I remembered meeting her a few times, particularly one during lunch with Galadriel. 

This is an excerpt from her last entry:

Alhamdulillah, the preparation for the Umrah trip is slowly in order. Alhamdulillah I will be accompanied by my darling hubby MH in the trip. I am taking this opportunity to seek forgiveness from all of you for the wrongdoings I have done. Maybe my tone of writing is not to your liking. Maybe my way of giving nasihat and reminder is not fancied by you. Maybe my way of expressing me thoughts and experiences is not in your favour.

Let's hope this is not the final entry. Should it be, I hope it becomes an avenue that people seek for some good guidance, InsyaAllah.

God bless you all.

I have seen a few people suffering like this, the very last things that I would see from a dying person. My grandparents from both sides were among the four. The first time I saw was back in 1991, as a little boy where my grandaunt was lying in hospital days before dying. But when I came across such text like that above or the get-well card text that my nephew Nicholas wrote for my grandfather I get a feeling that a person is likely near the end of a life.

I felt a bit moody today. Too many things to contemplate about, schedules, etc..so I'd put this up as well.

Some of us will miss meeting Dalilah, I remembered those with them, like Mob, Kerp, Galadriel, the Samad sisters, Daphne,...well sort of. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...