Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Australia Diaries #3

Figaro was a roaring success last night.

I came back from watching the funny, comic 3 hour opera - The Marriage of Figaro featuring Mozart's signature overture and one of its arias, No More Gallivanting (end of act I or called orignally as Non Piu Andrai). At the end of the opera, the applause was continuous and the cast members performed a lap of honor three times. I must admit that everyone was doing well, but the only appearance that I was not comfortable was Cherubino the page - to my view.

Actually the food serving was big and I felt full after only having bread, cereal, and juice. While in afternoon, a slice of pizza 7up was good enough.

In the morning I went to cover Hyde Barracks and the state government house before spending 2 hours alone collecting my ticket booking at the opera house and doing its tour there. Circular Quay was full of street performers, even one guy did a 12-feet unicycling and there's a mime. Only problem is to get familiar with the train routes. I wanted to cover Botanical Gardens and a few places but the timing won't permit it :(

I took a long walk from Circular Quay / Pitt Street all the way back to the Town Hall, out of curiosity. The Pitt / Hunter Street intersection was interestingly the place where Smith and Neo brawled.

It's gonna be a full day at Hunter Valley tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm leaving you with a pic of me with the bridge.

"Hello Daddy, Hello Mum, I;m A Cherry Bonb" - The Runaways - Cherry Bomb

P.S: While visiting the opera house, the guide was telling us of Ms. Bryce's (Aus' Gov. General) official residence on the other side of the bridge. I just thought of changing that line to first names e.g Julia /Quentin as to say I got arrived in town. Nah, but I thought the Eagles song New Kid in Town fits better.

Shit. The post comes one day late. Credit is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...