Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Australian Diaries #4

It's mainly taste wine, munch something, taste wine and back forth.

Today was getting out of town and to Hunter Valley for wine tasting sessions. I was only told while picking up people in Star City that the guide who's driving me round is one of the best. From there, it was a hectic 2.5 hour drive to Hunter Valley via the town of Cessock.

So we were taken to five of the best wineyards in the valley and having a decent gourmet lunch. There was a wine that stands out of the rest that I've tried, but I learnt that they don't export it. Shame, I could have been buying one back for Dad to try, but before I left for Australia, he said no need at all. Correct, the problem will be on international flights customs thing wrangle.

Pretty tired really, so I was wandering around George Street two hours ago looking for a place for dinner. But I ended up in MacDonalds for something simple. In truth, I was supposed to finish posting #3 yesterday, but the credit ran off and having to be ready before 7am today was prompting it.

I need to cover The Rocks tomorrow, and whatever places surrounding it. The Friday thing is making things a little difficult to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...