Friday, September 7, 2007

A Homage To Il' Maestro

Well, everyone in the world is in mourning over the passing of The Maestro himself, Big Luciano Pavarotti.

You can't miss him for his trademark big frame, cheery face and a big black beard, always on stage with his trademark big frame tuxedo.

When I was a kid I remembered him visiting Pangkor Island twice in '94 and 2002. And I read his recollections in an article of Reader's Digest - prominently speaking of the time getting stuck at the Milan airport in 1972. Of course everyone finds that he's the most outstanding of the Three Tenors beside Jose Carreras (who performed the 1992 Barcelona Olympics theme song with Sarah Brightman) and Placido Domingo.

But the one difference between the him and the other tenors in my mind that shows the line clearly is that he participates together with current generation artists say U2, Ricky Martin and hey..even Spice Girls shows that even an old horse do tries to reach out to the younger generation. Maybe the fear that latest generation might not understand opera or classical music in the next thirty years or so.

Another thing...he's the only one so far to hit 9 high-C notes in succession...wow!

I did have a few tracks of him performing from the Grand Theft Auto III CD, but unfortunately I've lost the CDs back a few years ago. I can't even remember the track titles but I can easily recognize some of the rhythms. It is very hard for me now to recall which track is my favorite until I've played some tracks back home.

No doubt that my personal Pavarotti track is indeed the La Donna E Mobile from Verdi's Rigoletto. I think that's how I want to say ADIO to the Maestro.


1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I never liked the fat bloke... :(

    Lots of interviews lined up the next few days. Very important one tomorrow afternoon...

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...