Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Must Have Gadgets of 2008

I have to admit that I am a tech gadget freak. Yes, there are things that are deemed cool in the market that I want to get. Some things I want to get my hands on the next time I have a permanent home of myself.

Hardware Zone, a favorite tech portal of mine, catering for South East Asia has released a list of top products of 2007, some are the my wish list.

I will split between gadgets and PC components. After all, it is due time for me to upgrade one. So, suppose if I am given about $20000 USD, what will I want?


1. Nokia N95 8GB - This is one heck of a phone! I felt that I was right not to get a N93 for there could be a better model than that. My friend told me that the first batch of N93s had glitch where video recording and playbacks hang sometimes. The N95 fixes it and it has a better camera size and it has the HSDPA thing, which makes things easier the next time I want to use a wireless Internet connection without using Streamyx. Another alternative would be the 6500 model, which I kind of like it's slider version.



2. Nikon DSLR D40X - I remembered D40 has 6.1 MP but X has 10 MPS and they say that this model is a tie or equivalent of Canon's E400 DSLR. But I admit that the price that they offered is quite good. Currently, the price of the body plus a 55mm lens and 2GB card kit is at $2400. What I like is that of lenses. You see for those who do not know, Panavision's E-Series lenses has a good contrast and color because it uses Nikon glass. If you get a 135mm lens package, you can should beautiful close ups. I am more of a fan of telephoto lenses, so this is part of the list. ISO is better, meaning that I can push a standard high speed stock up by two stops.

3. The Sony Bravia-X series 46-inch. In the last six months, Sony remains at the top of the ranking of HD television sets. Toshiba and Hitachi are behind. Even though Hitachi has produced a new HD TV set this year, but Sony still wins hands down. The W series is also an alternative is cost is a problem.

4. LG-BH100 There has been a indecision over whether to buy a Blu-Ray player like Sony or a HD-DVD player like Toshiba. See, Paramount only released titles in DVD and HD-DVD format, not in Blu-Ray. But then, I was told by my friend that LG has released a beta-version hybrid player that will play both formats. There are still bugs though, so I thought I would wait longer.




I knew that my brother is starting a graphics design course in February so he will need a notebook that he can carry that contains graphics processing capabilities. Should I get him a gaming notebook? Or something that will fit his needs.

I think Asus G2S fits the bill, but it could be quite expensive. Maybe G1s is more appropriate.

Next: My hardware picks for a decent gaming machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...