Friday, June 15, 2007

I Just Can't Laugh Much!! Why?

Last week, I went watching Shrek 3. I watched because of one reason: I expected more laughs from Shrek and Artie (Justin Timberlake). Apparently, it was co-star Cameron Diaz, who was dating Timberlake at that time recommended the studio for him to play Artie - some sort of funny for Arthur.

Though it is another chapter of Shrek's life, I just simply can't laugh as much as comparing to watching the first two movies. I vividly remembered great moments in the first movie, including the cue cards, Fiona fighting Monsieur Hood's gang and as well as Shrek's tag-team wrestling match the evil lord's men for the right to rescue Fiona.

For some reason I cannot explain, the magic wanes in this installment. Maybe it's because it is in a different hands that the tone of the feature is a little different. Were Andrew Adamson who helmed the first two installments return for this, we might expect something different.


But I find those Arthur segments interesting but some were cut for instance Arthur asking lessons from Shrek of dating Guin - Guinevere or even asking something to hit Lancelot back.

You also find Charlie's Angels spoofs, and the Captain Hook thing...but I still just can't laugh at all. I just can't find it as funny (level of fun) as the first two. Shit...I'm repeating the line again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to post in any comments that do not trouble readers of the blog.

Providing an ID is recommended. If some reason you wish to use an Anonymous name, please leave a name below your comments. From now on, comments with no names will not be considered for moderation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...